Sneezing and mucus

Harris14

Songster
Oct 16, 2020
I checked my flock tonight and a hen sneezed. Then her roo sneezed and white mucous flung out. I have had the worst luck with my chickens this year seems like. I also noticed on her foot is what looks like a blister. Should I lance it and spray with vetericyn. Thanks in advance.

How's the ventilation in your coop?

Have you added new birds in the last 30days?

Photos of the foot would be nice.

Do you notice wheezing, bubbles in the eyes, coughing, etc.?

The mucous from the beak or nostrils?

Hard to know what you're dealing with could be respiratory disease. Observe and report the symptoms and we'll go from there.

How's the ventilation in your coop?

Have you added new birds in the last 30days?

Photos of the foot would be nice.

Do you notice wheezing, bubbles in the eyes, coughing, etc.?

The mucous from the beak or nostrils?

Hard to know what you're dealing with could be respiratory disease. Observe and report the symptoms and we'll go from there.
Ventilation is good. They have used this same coop for 2 years. I think the mucous flew from his beak. No wheezing or bubbles in the eyes. Nothing like that. No new birds in the flock.
C218939C-73C9-409E-BDBE-2E76E75AFA9F.jpeg
Enclosed is the foot pic. It looks like a blister and it’s hard.

What does the bottom of the foot look like?

Any more sneezing? Could have been a one time thing?
The bottom of the foot looks normal. They only sneezed in the coop. I may have stirred up dust. I’m still concerned about the blister on top of her foot. I don’t know how that happened or what I should do.

Is it bothering her?

A clearer photo of the blister may be helpful.
I think it’s bothering me more lol. She don’t seem to notice. I get upset anytime things are different with my chickens. I raised this girl from the egg and am fond of her.

Back
Top Bottom