So bummed out.... after 18 days

ChanceRider

Crowing
15 Years
Aug 19, 2008
Somerset, CA
nothing. I had 15 Ameraucana and 6 brown eggs(I think Barred Rocks) set in my Sportsman. I usually only candle once, when I'm moving eggs to the hatcher... and yesterday was day 18.

Not one, not a single one, of the Ameraucana eggs showed any development at all. Nothing. No indication that they ever even started. The brown eggs show good development and got moved to the hatcher as scheduled.

I'm so bummed as I had to wait a bit for the Ameraucana eggs since the seller's hens weren't cooperating. The brown eggs were tossed in on top of my purchase as extras. So, all the eggs came from the same source, shipped the same, set the same, etc.

::: sigh ::: Sorry for the "poor me" post... just had really looked forward to some true Ameraucana's.

hugs.gif
So sorry to hear this happened. Have you contacted your supplier to let them know? Hope your brown eggs hatch well at least.

The same thing happened to me the last time I bought from someone here. After 18 days, zero develpoment in any of the eggs. I was so bummed at having wasted all that time, and it was my last hatch until spring, and I really wanted that breed.

I feel your pain. Good luck with the brown eggs though.

aaawwww i'm sorry....

i don't know that i could ever wait to candle like that... i'm too curious...
i'm also the one that carefully untaped all my christmas gifts in the middle of the night and then taped them back... even to the point of lining up the prints that stuck to the tape as i was lifting.. lol...

Thanks for the replies. I received a PM from someone else this happened to, and... it's the same seller! The other person tried two batches of this seller's eggs with the same results. Interesting.

Evonne... shhhh, don't tell anyone, but I did the same thing when I was a kid!

Back
Top Bottom