So Eggcited...1st broody hatch

PaintedDreams

In the Brooder
9 Years
May 9, 2010
Southern TN
I am so excited to announce my first broody hatch. She is being a terrific mom so far, although I got a little nervous after I moved her and her new hatchlings. I didn't feel that they were safe in the nest they were in. They were about 2 feet off the floor and I was afraid they would fall to their death when they started really moving about. So I moved them into a dog kennel on the floor of the coop. At first she was irritated at the roo who was intrigued with the new toy on the floor, but she scratched up some straw and snuggled down in the back with her 2 little ones safely beneath her. The are soooooo cute. Of course my daughter thinks we should keep them which is another topic all together. Her sister is broody too, setting on 3 eggs...due any day. Can't wait. Who knew hatching eggs would be so addictive?

Quote:
Oh it certainly is... I havent been able to turn off my incubator sice I bought it nearly ten months ago.

congrats on your first hatch... and good luck with the next broody too.

Yea, I'm gonna throw another batch in the incubator this weekend. Can't wait.
D.gif

Went to check on chicks and batch #1 is doing great. Already scratching a little and eating food from the feeder just like mom. Tried to look in 2nd broody's nest, but lets just say she is a moody broody. lol I did spy a 1/2 of a shell...YEAH! More babies.
jumpy.gif

Back
Top Bottom