So excited! first time candling and can see some movement! Not sure about the others though?

foxypoproxy

Songster
8 Years
Aug 2, 2011
Madison, CT
I am very excited because i am trying to incubate some bantam polishes.
This is my first time incubating and i was really scared i was going to muff it up.
Its day 7 and i just candled.
I tried to take a video/pictures but it really wasn't showing anything i was seeing, so i saw it being pointless.

I know for sure i have 2 good babies in their because they are moving around and i see veins and a eye!!
There are another two that i can see veins too and it looks very similar but i can't really see any movement (do they have to move all the time?).
Then 1 was clear and looked infertile, so i took it out.

Then the remaining 7 are what i am unsure about.
Most of them are very dark, can't see any veins.
No movement that i can see because its dark. And the darkness seems to be on one side of the egg.
No blood rings that i can see.
I'm curious to know if these are early deaths or what?
I left them in there because i didn't want to be wrong.
I am new after all and i wouldn't want to make a mistake and accidentally kill some of them!

Anyway, I'm very excited to at least have a few developing ones in their!!
celebrate.gif

I can't wait for my babies to hatch!

When in doubt, let them go longer. I find once I get to day 14 or so it gets much easier to tell, a lot more movement and they fill up just about the whole egg.

Good luck, it get rather addicting to hatch so be careful or your be overun with chicks.

When in doubt, let them go longer. I find once I get to day 14 or so it gets much easier to tell, a lot more movement and they fill up just about the whole egg.
Good luck, it get rather addicting to hatch so be careful or your be overun with chicks.

Ya thats what i thought.
I was also smelling them to make sure none were bad
gig.gif

I recently lost my entire flock, so i don't think i would mind being overun with chickens right now.
I am already planning on hatching out some sizzles and more polish bantams after this.
This was a "test run" after all.
roll.png

Back
Top Bottom