So excited!!

CountryTink13

In the Brooder
7 Years
Dec 30, 2012
Wilton, CA
This is Roger the rooster

Some of the hens scratching around. Boomer the goat in background

This is the run area of the coop. There is a more enclosed area where the nesting boxes are.

Today was dubbed "The great chicken round-up of 2013" by DH. The coop finally got finished, so today (with help from my boys) we moved all the chickens from their old home to their new home. The neighbors who gave us their little flock, moved out on Monday so we've been feeding them there all week. So glad to finally have them home!
The one bachelor rooster ended up getting away but came back tonight to roost on top of the coop. Guess even though he was in a separate coop all alone, he still wants to be part of the gang.

What a neat looking place. Congrats on getting your chickens home!
wee.gif

Thanks for the nice comments on our coop! :D
We have a storage "barn" on the property with a lot of room under the roof where it overhangs the building. We used part of the overhang for the enclosed part of the coop. That's where I put the nesting boxes.
The property owner has a ton of scrap lumber and fencing around so it actually only cost me less than $10 to build the coop. I had to buy some wire and fencing nails. LOL
I left one end of the enclosure open for ease in gathering eggs & cleaning.

food & water dishes are just outside of the enclosure but under the roof.

Since I don't get to play with my chickens during the week, I'm trying to spend as much time as possible in the coop on the weekend to get them used to me. I talk to them and give them treats but so far they aren't convinced that I can be trusted.

Back
Top Bottom