So I got some white leghorns..

Areolyn

Songster
7 Years
Apr 11, 2014
De Leon, Texas
Hello, I have two new chickens, I'm a little new at it, but do have experience, plus my mom helps me a lot with it lol.

I have two little white Leghorns chicks, about 4 weeks old. But I suspect one to be a cockerel. I got em' at Tractor Supply but the guy didn't know jack except that they were "pullets" so now I'm just a bit worried of one being a roo. One has a taller comb than the other, and it also made this funny movement like it was trying to crow. Although I don't think they do that at this age, but who knows. She's a little dominant over the other, but I don't know if pullets do that too. And its not like I have a problem with having a rooster, but I really wanted just two hens for laying. Here's the best pics I could get of them.(They're in the cage for now, I'm trying to build the coop and they go inside at night.)

Those look like females to me. White Leghorn cockerels are REALLY obvious, even as young as four weeks.

Edited because I took a photo for you! The white birds are all white Leghorns, six weeks old. The cockerel is clearly visible with his head up in the middle of the photo. As a point of interest, the other birds in the photo are all pullets with the exception of the very dark brick red bird in the background on the left; that is a Rhode Island Red (not a Production Red) cockerel. The red bird in the front is a ISA Brown pullet.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom