So I went into Tractor Supply today...

Cute chicks!
Congrats.
Did you TSC order from Ideal?
Did TSC have the bins marked?
Thanks.
I'm not sure where they get their chicks. I'll try to remember to ask the next time I'm in there.
Yes the bins were marked with both little sticky tags and they had larger, 8.5x11 signs with breed descriptions in front of each bin.

I'll be back in there in a week or two as my wife has let me know that she would like some ducks. All they had this week were Pekins and I'm. hoping for Rouens or mallards.

Thanks.
I'm not sure where they get their chicks. I'll try to remember to ask the next time I'm in there.
Yes the bins were marked with both little sticky tags and they had larger, 8.5x11 signs with breed descriptions in front of each bin.

I'll be back in there in a week or two as my wife has let me know that she would like some ducks. All they had this week were Pekins and I'm. hoping for Rouens or mallards.
Have you heard of Ideal Poultry?
You can order exact breeds and have them delivered very quickly.
Saves on guessing what they are.

Have you heard of Ideal Poultry?
You can order exact breeds and have them delivered very quickly.
Saves on guessing what they are.
I've heard of them, but never ordered any chicks from them. We have a small flock and I like that I can get 4 chicks from Tractor Supply.
In the future, we may start going in w/ friends and family on larger chick orders from Ideal or one of the other hatcheries.

The bantam bin...what breed choices were on that bin?
They are marked as assorted bantams and had a few chipmunk colored ones and ones that were pale yellow/whitish. Not sure what breed or if they had feathered legs/feet. In years past they have had all different kinds and colors of chicks. The only one we ever got before was a blue Rosecomb bantam roo.

They also had crested Polish chicks in the same bin.

They are marked as assorted bantams and had a few chipmunk colored ones and ones that were pale yellow/whitish. Not sure what breed or if they had feathered legs/feet. In years past they have had all different kinds and colors of chicks. The only one we ever got before was a blue Rosecomb bantam roo.

They also had crested Polish chicks in the same bin.
Thanks..I missed that they we assorted.
My bad.

Our tsc uses Townline and they list rare birds as Buff Orpingtons, Brahmas, EE, like seriously...so we rarely get any cool birds...a couple years ago Townline had welsumers but no more.....
I read your headline I was like it reminded me off the jokes that begin...so a guy walks into a bar....
I assume that ours uses a hatchery from here in Texas, but I don't know which one.
Every now and then there's something cool there. Last year I went into one store nearby and they had gold-plated wyandottes. I was bummed that I was at max chicken capacity at the time...

Back
Top Bottom