So is THIS my first Guinea EGG?

mstrrlm

Chirping
8 Years
Jun 23, 2011
Picayune, MS
I found this inside my egg box today all chickens and guinea's are 8 months or older so what does everybody think took pic with regular egg for size comparison

It's common for the first few eggs from the first timers (young hens) to lay mini eggs, or even fart eggs (small round and yolkless). I collected a few mini eggs (with yolks) from some of my young Coral Blue Hens back in January. The size gradually increased to normal over 3-4 days. LOL, it is a little disappointing to find one tho, huh?

Yeah I was like what the heck is this little thing. My wife were just returning from the store and she asked when are they going to start laying I said any day now just didn't know it was this day. Will the others follow that ones lead and start laying also or is it a crap shoot?

I think it more has to do with the daylight hours and temps triggering their bodies to start producing eggs, rather than the visual cue of another Hen laying that influences when the others will start up. April's a pretty common month for a lot of Guinea Hens to start laying tho, so you should be seeing eggs from your other Guinea Hens soon. And you may see a few more small eggs before they really get going full bore.

I found this inside my egg box today all chickens and guinea's are 8 months or older so what does everybody think took pic with regular egg for size comparison

I say it's not a guinea egg they're more pointed and are very hard shelled

Both are chicken eggs.

Attachments

• 20230513_211138.jpg
    20230513_211138.jpg
    998.4 KB · Views: 0

Back
Top Bottom