SO many fully developed quail chicks not hatching

As far as I know it is a bit of trial-and-error exercise. Perforate holes and test over and over until you get it right. Take in consideration night temperature drops and if you puncture too many holes you can close them back.

I've run 5 batches of eggs. My first batch hatched just fine but I was opening it quickly 3x per day to roll the second batch which was a week behind. The second batch had a much lower hatch rate and only 3/24 chicks survived. Once those were full sized I got a second batch of eggs from the first breeder and none hatched. Once my quail started laying their own eggs I did two more batches and again none hatched but these times I autopsied the eggs. Fully formed dead birdies. So the vent holes makes perfect sense. I was more concerned with humidity. That first batch had fresh air. Then all went downhill (from no air). My next batch of eggs thanks you!!!

Hello guys , I just had high counties hatched in my Hatchery my usual incubating count 500 to 1000 eggs , all my incubators are made by me ! I'm buying eggs from local government farm and at the first place I spend 1000 of 1000 $ for imported incubators, but failed, 500 eggs only hatched 21% , I made my own with some untold improvements now I get 95/98% .... hears the untold secrets ...Carbon dioxide poisoning .. I coupled an Oxigen cylinder and open the value 3 times per day start to end , when the eggs are incubating it produces co2 and that want come out with the vents 3 times per day 10 seconds per time o2 will give you best hatch :)

Back
Top Bottom