So now I've got all theses eggs ,is it legal to sell them in Georgia?

2chickenrich

Songster
11 Years
Oct 7, 2008
Perry, Georgia
We are getting 15 to 16 eggs aday, very large, lots of double yokes , from 17 hens.
I guess I need to know where to get the information . Anybody know?
The family and extend family are eatting eggs for us but we still have many left over.

I dont know if its legal or illegal... I sell mine to people at DH's work and give alot away to our neighbors
smile.png

You need a handling license. The problem is, you can't get a handling license any more. The guy who taught the classes has retired and they don't plan to hire anyone else. I think on farm sales are o.k. without a license.

You need to be certified and get a license. Classes may not be being taught but at least the tests were being offered 2 years ago when we got ours. Check with your Coop. Extension and they should be able to get you a phone number.THanks.

(We were told that without this, we could not even sell from the home (crossed eyes symbol on this).

Sometimes I think the world forgets that small farmers are the most careful. THose that buy from us know how to find us. How does anyone find the person who handled the chicken that laid the Food Lion egg?

We have to be accountable beyong any regulations yet they regulate beyond belief.

Ah well I've vented. Gotta run gather eggs!

If any of you find an extension office willing to give the test without the classes, please let me know. I will drive. My ext. office won't do it. They just told me I was out of luck.

Back
Top Bottom