So, what is your job?

nikki1

Songster
8 Years
Oct 16, 2011
Eatonville, WA
LOVE the diversity of chicken people. The "what religion are you?" thread has been very interesting, so I thought it might be fun to find out what people do for a living. I'm betting we've got a little bit of everything out there.

I personally am a teacher. I've taught all grades preschool through 6th, and I now teach 5th and 6th grade math and science. I'm also a mom, so I pretty much teach all the time!
--Nikki

I am busily retired.
lol.png
For a period of time I was a supervisor in a privately owned display garden. The remainder of my professional career was spent as the manager of a laboratory animal colony.

I've been a whole host of things from caretaker of an exotic bird sanctuary, alcohol and drug educator, and an EMT. Most of those were throughout my college career though! I have two days left at my job as an EMT and then I'm shipping off to start veterinary school. The plan is to eventually graduate as a doctor! Lol I plan to work with birds (poultry and parrots) and other exotics.

In my family my husband is the teacher. He teaches high school but what he really wants are kids your age. I am just Mom. I have fully dedicated to rearing my toddler. I am a proud homemaker!

Never, EVER "just" a mom!!! Mom and Dad are the most important jobs in the world, and no one can do it better than you.

I'm a Geotechnical Engineer at a mine. I deal with rock fall, rock slides, etc.

I don't have my chickens yet, but will in a couple weeks!

I am a Program Manager that manages upgrades to aircraft. New computers, radios, navigation equipment and major repairs to the structure. I have been working on aircraft for 49 Years.

I am mostly a SAHM, but also serve in the Coast Guard Reserves. I am prior active duty and went to the reserve because of how tough it is to raise a family with two active duty parents. I also am a full-time online student at Penn State in their Energy and Sustainability Policy program.

I have been a 911 dispatcher for 26+ years. It has been an exciting, fast paced career. This job was definitely meant for me. Love it

Back
Top Bottom