Soap Makers Help!

The basic recipe I started with was 1/3 olive oil, 1/3 palm oil, and 1/3 coconut oil; with a 6% superfat. You'd use full water when you're starting out. This formula is reasonably kind to skin, has a good lather, and is quick to harden/cure. You should always run recipes through a soap calculator (preferably twice) by yourself rather than relying on exact numbers from other people - many recipes are not properly formulated.

For those that sell soap whether to family/friends or public what kind of bars prefered loaf or the slab molds with the dividers. I have the slab/divider but I like the rustic look of the loaf.

It is real quiet here lately, everyone must be making soap. I have been looking into putting tussah noile silk fibres in my soap. I heard it can really make your soap softer and well silky. I have been looking at some videos by you tube on it and going to order some this week with my fragrance oils. Anyone ever use it and well did it make a difference?

I have a bunch of lard to use. Plus I just got my new scale from soapequipment.com. It is there soapers scale real nice big improvement for me. bought a new mold too from BB as well as some new scents. Now I just need to make some. Wish it would warm up some cold weather makes me listless.

I am sick of the cold weather too. Snow storm here tommorow. I just got my accepted application for a farm market this summer. It will be my first one, I have done craft fairs in the fall but nothing like this excited and nervous. I will be the only soaper there.
I am needing to make more soap. I am waiting for oils and ordering some scents this week. I got my silk from a place called paradise fibers for a fraction of what scent works wanted. Scent works was charging me close to 20.00 for shipping a one ounce bag of silk. Pf I got 4 ounces with shipping under 11.00.

Back
Top Bottom