Soap Makers Help!

WOOHOO!! I made it to page 100! It has taken me a couple days to it but I WILL PERSIST!! I am loving all I am learning and can't wait for all of my stuff to get in. My oils are here. Just waiting on scents, mold, pigments, etc. Maybe by the weekend?... or next week.

I finally did it! I read the entire thread! Thank you all of you wonderful people for sharing your knowledge. I have goats and have been telling my dd that we would make goat milk soap. Yep, we made a batch together last week. It is curing on the rack right now. While she was at school I accidently made another batch without her. To make it up I think tomorrow we will make more together! The first batch was olive oil and lard with orange eo and some poppy seeds. The second was olive oil/ lard and coconut oil with lavender eo. I am debating on a rosemary scented one next or a scrubby coffee. We shall see. I have been using my milk frozen and chunked up like Cyndi suggested. Wow! they have turned out so white. Pretty sure the lard has something to do with it. I am going to make some non lard soaps next. I realise now that my vegetarian and kosher family members won't want to use soap with lard. Oops!

I have everything I need to make Casteel - except the lye. I'm looking, looking, looking for a local place. There are a couple of smaller towns I'm going to check out before I break down and buy off line. I prefer to avoid that if possible.

I'm nervous/excited about jumping in! I've been reading this thread and searching the net forEVER. Wish me luck.

Back
Top Bottom