Soap Makers Help!

Lowes?!!!! What is the brand name?

We don't have an Ace Hardware - but we have a True Value Hardware. I don't know if that would be the same thing?

Last edited:
I have just finished reading this entire thread. I am now officially a soap expert!!! HA! I did make my first two batches on tuesday and they turned out good.... I hope. Pics to follow when they are out of molds and cut. Thanks for all who have contributed to this thread by asking,questions, answering questions, posting gorgeous soap, or not so gorgeous mistakes.

Have any of you made a nice home made lotion? I want to do this from scratch and not just purchase a base to scent. A tried and true recipe would be fabulous. Started making laundry soap, then body soap and the hubby is begging for lotion.

I'd like to make me a moisturizer too.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Quote:
This is the one I like. I like a very thick, full body cream vs a light, fast absorbing lotion. But it is a great place to start. I sub out the jojoba for rice bran since jojoba breaks me out.

ETA recipe. From www.teachsoap.com

Créme Recipe by Anne-Marie Faiola
This thick, oily crème is filled with fantastic oils that are designed to nourish your feet and hands. Smear on generously before bed, cover your feet and hands with cotton socks and sleep well. When you wake up, your hands and feet will feel soft and moisturized. The Aloe Vera Gel/water makes this recipe especially nourishing.

Ingredients:
0.5 oz. Emulsifying wax
1.0 oz. Stearic Acid
1.5 oz. Shea butter
0.8 oz. Cocoa butter
2.0 oz. Sweet almond oil
0.5 oz. Fractionated coconut oil
1.0 oz. Liquid glycerin
1.0 oz. Jojoba
8.0 oz. Aloe Vera gel
0.16 oz. Phenonip preservative or GermabenII
Optional: fragrance or essential oil, 0.10 to 0.25 oz.

Makes 16 oz. of super creamy lotion.
Read more about the importance of using preservatives.

Instructions:
1. Add the Emulsifying Wax, Stearic Acid, Shea Butter, Cocoa Butter, Sweet Almond Oil, Coconut Oil and Jojoba to either a double boiler or microwave safe cup.
2. Melt all the waxes and oils together. Attempt not to boil the product.
3. Add the liquid glycerin and Aloe Vera gel together.
4. Stir all ingredients well and combine the two bowls/mixing glasses.
5. Add the Phenonip.
6. Use a stick blender to emulsify and mix the oils, waxes and aloe Vera gel.

Note: This product will not set up until it is fully cooled. Do not pour into containers (jars are recommended) until you are certain that the lotion is fully blended and will not separate.

Last edited:
You can get everything you need fromone of these places: Brambleberry, Scent Works, Wholesale Supplies Plus, natures garden, Elements or Soapies-Supplies. Pick which ever one has the lowest prices and best shipping to you. You can get some fragrances or essential oils too
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom