Soap Makers Help!

They will be ok out. If you can after cure move them to a dark closet or drawer and you will have less chance of DOS. But if you leave them out they will be fine, maybe just loss the scent a little faster.

I'm hoping mine will sell quickly, also. I have a couple of people interested. I feel it might take me a while to get good at it. I love the pics of the soaps people have posted. (on page 323!) Just trying to start out slow, although I have invested alot in fragrances and oils. There is just so many I want to try!!!
Trying to have tuesdays as my soaping day, but hasn't quite come together yet. BUT, I WILL get there!
big_smile.png

Morgaine, where do you purchase Rosemary oil extract? Should I use this if I use food in my soaps? (pumpkin, baby food,ect)

Morgaine, I just read on pg 333 I think, about using black oxide. Where do yu get this? Also activated charcoal? I think I read sometime back that you or someone had used ac.

Last edited:
If you dry your leaves, flower or herbs before infusing them in oil you won't have a problem with mold, it's the moister in the plants that causes the mold. If you want to infuse fresh plants then you should warm the olive oil and plants over a double boiler with low heat until the herbs are dry in the oil.

Quote:
I got it From Nature With Love. No you do not have to use if you use food products. For thick foods like pumpkin, carrot, banana, I use 1 oz ppo. For stuff that is mainly water, like cucmbers, I just make sure that there are no chunks and use it as my water. I do all cucumbers as my water for my cucumber mint.

I got the black oxide from Brambleberry and the charcoal at first from the heath food store(in the capsuls) but then I switch to New Directions.

Quote:
Thank you for that info, chickenvirgin! That wasn't in the instructions I had found. Can you dry them in a dehydrator? And how long do the fresh plants take to dry in the oil?

Quote:
I got it From Nature With Love. No you do not have to use if you use food products. For thick foods like pumpkin, carrot, banana, I use 1 oz ppo. For stuff that is mainly water, like cucmbers, I just make sure that there are no chunks and use it as my water. I do all cucumbers as my water for my cucumber mint.

I got the black oxide from Brambleberry and the charcoal at first from the heath food store(in the capsuls) but then I switch to New Directions.

Thanks again, Morgaine!!
hugs.gif
You are always so kind and quick to respond!

Quote:
Thank you for that info, chickenvirgin! That wasn't in the instructions I had found. Can you dry them in a dehydrator? And how long do the fresh plants take to dry in the oil?

I dry my herbs in a food dehydrator and it works great and when infusing plants in oil you need to keep an eye on it and when the herbs are crispy in the oil you're done don't let it brown or then it's no good.

Quote:

I dry my herbs in a food dehydrator and it works great and when infusing plants in oil you need to keep an eye on it and when the herbs are crispy in the oil you're done don't let it brown or then it's no good.

I don't quite understand how the plants dry out and get crispy in the oil. Do you use just a little oil and kinda like a low fry? Just till crispy and not brown, correct? And how long does it usually take to do this process? Sorry all the questions, but I've never heard of this process. I know some have said they put the oil and plants in crockpot on low for 2-4 hrs. Is this similar?

Quote:

I don't quite understand how the plants dry out and get crispy in the oil. Do you use just a little oil and kinda like a low fry? Just till crispy and not brown, correct? And how long does it usually take to do this process? Sorry all the questions, but I've never heard of this process. I know some have said they put the oil and plants in crockpot on low for 2-4 hrs. Is this similar?

Try this website....http://perfectskincareforyou.blogspot.com/2010/07/how-to-infuse-herbs-in-oil.html. She says to only infuse dried herbs but I wouold use fresh herbs because as they infuse the moister will evaporte.

Quote:

Try this website....http://perfectskincareforyou.blogspot.com/2010/07/how-to-infuse-herbs-in-oil.html. She says to only infuse dried herbs but I wouold use fresh herbs because as they infuse the moister will evaporte.

Thanks chickenvirgin! I will check this site out tomorrow. Have a good nite!
frow.gif
Where are you from? (SK?) Satchkatchuan? (sp) By the way, LOOVVEE your avatar! Looks like a little ole grumpy man!
lol.png

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom