Soap Makers Help!

I dont know I have never understood. You would think the goverment would strictly based on the amount of money they could make off it but meh. I love the wide range of your soaps and stuff its awsome. Have you ever thought about makeing shampoo bars ?

I have thought about it. Unfortunately, CP based shampoo bars very rarely work well with peoples' hair. A very slim few can use them without any issues, but most people it doesn't work well for. I haven't gotten into syndets (synthetic detergents), so I haven't even made any attempts at shampoos. I do use my regular soaps on the boys' hair, which works fine, but their hair is never more than 0.5" long. I am going to be introducing another soap recipe soon, but it still needs testing and such. I like having a wide range, because I mostly start off with stuff that I want for myself, then offer them to other people. Just a way to kind of support my own habits (I LOVE candles, but they're expensive, so if I buy bulk, make my own and offer some to the public, I can pay for my own candle habits).

I recently watched a doc about plastic well a couple actually and it was horrify it made me look at all the things we get in plastic that we dont have to so I have been working on it. I guess I could always make home made liquid shampoo and store it in a canning type jar hmm.. well thanks for always answering my questions for me
smile.png

In the February soap swap I got a soap that had burdock listed as an ingredient. I would like to incorporate that into a recipe because I have it growing everywhere around my chicken house. Does anyone know if you use the leaves or the root to get the benefits? I know you can use the leaves to naturally color to green.

you can use the whole plant but it is best to get it from a plant with first years growth. For some reason this plant comes up a lot lately when I have been surfing the web LOL

I have a question I am making mulberry jam and was wondering if I could use some of the juice to dye my cold processed soaps. Will it dye your skin like it does when you pick them or will the lye react with it and no staining

I have a question regarding GM soap....

I have about 8 batches of CP behind me some turned out pretty good. So I thought I would try my hand at GM soap. I ice bathed while mixing, had the milk at a slush. It is a pretty gold color, but I am thinking that I didnt blend it long enough or added too much milk. When I took it out of the mold, there was a dark ammonia smelling liquid in the bottom. After 48 hours it is still kind of soft. Is this batch completely trash or is there any salvaging (rebatch) to be done?

Also, I have always used parchament paper to line my mold, but this time I used freezer paper.

Back
Top Bottom