Soft looking egg

Can you tell me the brand of calcium pills you get? are they hard or chewable? Thanks!
As far as the brand really any will do, folks on here use all sorts of calcium citrate pills (the ones for humans) with different dosages and it doesn't seem to matter terribly much? I get ones labeled "petites" simply because it's a lower dosage and a smaller pill is slightly easier to slip into their mouth.

That said at 8 months old I wouldn't be surprised if the issue resolves without intervention, as newer layers can have all sorts of temporary glitches.

I know the hen who is doing this. I only have 6 hens, the other 5 have had no issues with their eggs and have hard shells. I had thought of taking the advice of another poster on here to give just that hen a calcium supplement. The hen laying the soft eggs is acting completely fine other wise...happy, eating, drinking etc.
Nothing wrong with treating an individual hen for a known problem. As Rosemary said, the problem may resolve as time goes by. I wish you good luck.

Back
Top Bottom