Soft Shell Help!

Well I don't know about Amiga but I am a real weenie about giving my flock anything down the throat K, so it's just easier for me. Less stress on me that's for sure.

Well I don't know about Amiga but I am a real weenie about giving my flock anything down the throat K, so it's just easier for me. Less stress on me that's for sure.
Lol, the key is in being able to relax while doing it. Had my roommate worm one of the peacocks... It was a first for him. Got pictures of him doing it, and of him giving a pill, he then wrote up some notes which I'll post later, that might help others to read how someone did it for the very first time.

-Kathy

Lol, the key is in being able to relax while doing it. Had my roommate worm one of the peacocks... It was a first for him. Got pictures of him doing it, and of him giving a pill, he then wrote up some notes which I'll post later, that might help others to read how someone did it for the very first time.

-Kathy
That would be a good idea. when i was giving my hen the Nutri drench with the syringe. I tried to hold her mouth open and look where to put the syringe to the side, boy she put up such a fight there was no way. I just did like normal in the front and let her swallow a little at a time.

Last edited:
Quote:
Quote: The key is in holding them properly and waiting for them to relax. I start (and had him do the same) by sitting on something that allow my thighs to be parallel to the ground. Bird is held by left arm up against body with it's feet on my thigh. Left hand is used to hold head and neck up and still. Right hand open beak, then fingers on left hand keep it open. Right hand is used to give medicine. I'll post pictures and his notes later.
big_smile.png

-Kathy

Back
Top Bottom