Solar Panel Discoloration?

nao57

Crowing
Mar 28, 2020
When you look at your solar panels, sometimes a few can look like there's discolored spots on the surface. It looks like circular almost rust like tint that's barely visible in the squares on the panels. I only have like 2 that do this, the others look fine, but they were from a different maker than the others. (I don't know for sure if this is a problem. And they are new panels.) And I was worried and wanted to know if this can be indicative of unnatural heat or fire risk? In particular, I thought to ask this since there have been people that had fires with their solar panels?

I also haven't seen people talk about this much. There's not really very many videos that talk about how to detect heat or fire risk ahead of time.

When you look at your solar panels, sometimes a few can look like there's discolored spots on the surface. It looks like circular almost rust like tint that's barely visible in the squares on the panels. I only have like 2 that do this, the others look fine, but they were from a different maker than the others. (I don't know for sure if this is a problem. And they are new panels.) And I was worried and wanted to know if this can be indicative of unnatural heat or fire risk? In particular, I thought to ask this since there have been people that had fires with their solar panels?

I also haven't seen people talk about this much. There's not really very many videos that talk about how to detect heat or fire risk ahead of time.
I have heard of that happening when the panel wasn't sealed. Moisture will ruin them as they corrode internally. I'd hope you could take them back and get them to replace them.

Back
Top Bottom