Sold out sold out sold out!

Fontaine

Songster
Jun 20, 2020
Naples Florida
I resently lost my darling Sulton Antoinette, my snuggly Cochin Savanna and my sweet Colombian Wyandotte to a hawk. I still have 3 barred rocks, one golden Wyandotte one Dominique and a Rhode Island Red. They are all quite friendly. I have lots of space ( which We have tried to make more hawk safe) and a large coop and after deciding I couldn’t go through the pain of loss again….well I decided to jump back in. I checked with every hatchery I could find online and they are sold out of females ( The breeds I am looking for which I will list) until fall or later! I’m told it’s due to the price of eggs. Does anyone know where I could try next? I want sexed day old or pullet. I live in Naples Florida . Hopefully shipping would be an option. A drive within a few hours I could do. I’m looking for Colombian Wyandottes, Australop,Buff Orpington,and Houdans.I was hoping to at least get a group and not have to try to introduce one or two at a time to the existing flock. Any help would be really appreciated. Thank you.

I resently lost my darling Sulton Antoinette, my snuggly Cochin Savanna and my sweet Colombian Wyandotte to a hawk. I still have 3 barred rocks, one golden Wyandotte one Dominique and a Rhode Island Red. They are all quite friendly. I have lots of space ( which We have tried to make more hawk safe) and a large coop and after deciding I couldn’t go through the pain of loss again….well I decided to jump back in. I checked with every hatchery I could find online and they are sold out of females ( The breeds I am looking for which I will list) until fall or later! I’m told it’s due to the price of eggs. Does anyone know where I could try next? I want sexed day old or pullet. I live in Naples Florida . Hopefully shipping would be an option. A drive within a few hours I could do. I’m looking for Colombian Wyandottes, Australop,Buff Orpington,and Houdans.I was hoping to at least get a group and not have to try to introduce one or two at a time to the existing flock. Any help would be really appreciated. Thank you.
Unfortunately it's incredibly late in the year to order chicks anyways and combined with yet another panic, that makes them.even less avaliable. Have you tried Craigslist or local Facebook groups?

I haven’t. I was a little skeptical. I would want to make sure what I’m ordering is what I get because what I get is what I fall in love with and will have to keep. I guess I’m just kind of sappy, but I just couldn’t rehome anybody unless I knew the person. And there in lies the problem I don’t know any chicken people!

Tractor supply just got their chick days in and restock on Wednesdays. At least in Florida. I recommend calling them to see what they have that day, at a very early time. It’ll be mostly straight run and bantams though. Otherwise you may have to order eggs from eBay and keep your fingers crossed

Mt Healthy Hatchery has a few breeds available in March, and a lot for the summer if you don’t mind waiting a bit longer!

I ordered in early February (4 different kinds) and my earliest hatch date was late July.

I would suspect you will need to try several different sources in order to get what you want, but even then you may have to wait. Just use caution about each source, it would be terrible to rush and then regret your purchase.

Back
Top Bottom