Some are born into chicken keeping. Some achieve chicken keeping. Some have chicken keeping thrust upon them.

(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?

Ten years ago my mom bought her first six chickens. While I had fun when they were babies I lost interest when they went to live outside because we weren't allowed in with them. Flash forwards to about three years ago where we got more chickens once agin but this time one was blind, in attempts to make sure she wouldnt be culled I claimed her. Then two years ago when I was constantly alone at the new house (with a huge chicken yard we could enter) I found that more than just Hellen were extreamly kind caring and sweet. I became obsessed. Since then I have become a mother to chickens of my own as well as the ones in the yard. I'm their friend, their vet,their protector, and bringer of treats.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?
I have 3 3 year old austrolorps, 2 ten year old barred rocks, 1 7/8 year old barred, 3 3 year old barred rocks, 1 almost a year old barred rock, 1 6/7 year old barred rock austrolorp rooster, 1 10 month old barred rock rooster, 2 10 month old lavender orpington roosters, 4 10 months old lavender orpingtons, 4 to moth old barred rocks, 12 almost year old autrolorps, and 1 9 month old guinea who thinks she's a chicken.

(3) What breeds do you have?

Lavender orpingtons, barred rocks, black austrolorps, and one black austrolorp barred rock cross.

(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens?

I love the mutual respect and care we all have for each other...plus cuddles.

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?

I am a writer so when I'm not with them I'll be doing that or I'll be ocked away for hours on end just painting.

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.

There are 11 people living here, I have goats, dogs, cats, bunnies, ducks, parreakets, ect.

(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community? :D

I finally joined because whenever I had a chicken issue I googled the answers were always on here and I want to be part of the community.

(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?

Ten years ago my mom bought her first six chickens. While I had fun when they were babies I lost interest when they went to live outside because we weren't allowed in with them. Flash forwards to about three years ago where we got more chickens once agin but this time one was blind, in attempts to make sure she wouldnt be culled I claimed her. Then two years ago when I was constantly alone at the new house (with a huge chicken yard we could enter) I found that more than just Hellen were extreamly kind caring and sweet. I became obsessed. Since then I have become a mother to chickens of my own as well as the ones in the yard. I'm their friend, their vet,their protector, and bringer of treats.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?
I have 3 3 year old austrolorps, 2 ten year old barred rocks, 1 7/8 year old barred, 3 3 year old barred rocks, 1 almost a year old barred rock, 1 6/7 year old barred rock austrolorp rooster, 1 10 month old barred rock rooster, 2 10 month old lavender orpington roosters, 4 10 months old lavender orpingtons, 4 to moth old barred rocks, 12 almost year old autrolorps, and 1 9 month old guinea who thinks she's a chicken.

(3) What breeds do you have?

Lavender orpingtons, barred rocks, black austrolorps, and one black austrolorp barred rock cross.

(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens?

I love the mutual respect and care we all have for each other...plus cuddles.

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?

I am a writer so when I'm not with them I'll be doing that or I'll be ocked away for hours on end just painting.

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.

There are 11 people living here, I have goats, dogs, cats, bunnies, ducks, parreakets, ect.

(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community? :D

I finally joined because whenever I had a chicken issue I googled the answers were always on here and I want to be part of the community.
Howdy and welcome :welcome

Back
Top Bottom