Some one to split an order of meat chicks

sasimpson77

Songster
6 Years
Dec 28, 2013
Hi I want to order some meat chicks but don't want to raise 50 of them. Would like to order them and get them in March as my kids will be usiing them for 4-H. I am in Northern Il. and will not ship. chicks will end up being around $2 a piece. Please let me know if you are interested.

Last edited:
You can order from Murray Mcmurray Hatchery and get minimum of 25, instead of 50. and if you would like too wait until April, the minimum drops too 15 chicks.

Just as an option.

Tractor Supply should be getting chicks in March and you could order meat birds through them.

Hey that is good to know do you know how much they will sell them for? I want to order a few different kinds of chicks through either them or Farm and Fleet do you know where they get them from and what kind of selection they have for laying hens?

You will have to check with the store as to where they get their chicks from. Normally $2.00 - $3.00 each. They will get production type layers or assorted breeds in LF straight run and pullets. Like RIR, BO, Aust, GLSW. SLW and EE and some pullets of Sex-links, BR and some of the other breeds but roos may be in with the pullets. They also get Bantams, ducks, turkeys some times and CX. Our TSC's don't know ahead of time, what breeds they will get in each week. I think you could place a order with the store and have them sent in with their order so you could pick them up at the store or your post office and you will have more breed choices. If you ordered yours ahead of time, you may be able to get yours vaccinated for Mereks for a small fee per bird. http://www.tractorsupply.com/know-how_Chicken-Care_raising-chickens-tips-and-advice.html

Back
Top Bottom