Some questions

cindyloowhoo

Chirping
Apr 21, 2018
Good morning everyone. My girls are doing fantastic! They are getting so big, flying, jumping, chirping, getting beautiful feathers and thriving nicely! We've begun the coop and run construction and hoping to get them into at least the coop by the beginning of next week at the very least.
I just have a few Q's as to once they're outside.
1. Would they be too young to enjoy the coop and the run, or should I keep them in the coop a little longer (they're just about 3 wks old)
2. Just how much can they fly, meaning, if they get out, can't they get away from me and I lose them
3. Once they're out in their new world, how long does it take before I can let them free range with me out there and have them stay close by without wandering off somewhere
4. When I get babies at the end of June, I can safely have them in the coop in the brooder (covered with chicken wire) along with the older chicks for a few weeks correct
5. Do any of you having hanging baskets inside your run area, if so what's safe and would they bother hanging ones

Number 2-
Yes they can get out especially when little they jump and fly better plus don't forget about predators everyone wants a chicken
Cats, dogs, large birds, wild cats or animals, snakes etc.
I would keep them in a 360 enclosure run or be prepared to lose some (sorry if that's blunt)

Back
Top Bottom