Someone explain why I can't hatch eggs anymore

I ordered some live chicks, but I need to figure this out. What is a good place to buy really trustworthy thermometers and hygrometers from? I was using some random ones from Walmart intended to measure the weather; maybe they are all off? Plus I'm open to buying a new incubator. The Hovabators are made out of styrofoam and are practically impossible to properly clean and sterilize.

I use fish tank thermometers. They have the probe, so I do the ice water test to know exactly how far off they are and go from there.

The ACCURITE temperature and hygrometer monitors are pretty reliable after performing a 'salt test' calibration. The temperature sensor can't be reliably calibrated but the humidity sensor can be calibrated.
As far as nutritional requirements, what are you feeding the parent stock?

I ordered some live chicks, but I need to figure this out. What is a good place to buy really trustworthy thermometers and hygrometers from? I was using some random ones from Walmart intended to measure the weather; maybe they are all off? Plus I'm open to buying a new incubator. The Hovabators are made out of styrofoam and are practically impossible to properly clean and sterilize.
I use 2 Govee thermometer/hygrometers that I purchased on Amazon and really like them.

Back
Top Bottom