Someone is using one of my pics on ebay without my concent :(

And this is a pic of my toulouse gander Hulk that I took a few years back. If you look in my uploads you will find it.

Ok and I just reported it. Should I contact the person also?

I'd ask the seller a question in the area towards the bottom of the page. You could ask them if that is their private picture or if they got it from somewhere.
cool.png

I just congratulated him on his LOVELY Toulouse and asked him how old his gander in the pic is. Lets see what he says
highfive.gif

Can't wait to hear what he has to say. Will he be honest, I wonder, and if he's not, how are you going to call him out on it? This could actually be fun!!
big_smile.png

If you post a picture on the internet, it belongs to everyone. 

entirely not true. Pictures, even if you don't watermark them, don't become public property just because they are posted on the internet. The are, and always will be, the private property of the photographer. (Even a picture of you doesn't "belong" to you, it is the property of the photographer. That's why scanning and printing copies of professional photographs is technically illegal unless you have a release)

To the OP, if the seller and/or ebay are reluctant to remove the picture, send them a Cease and Desist letter. You can find them online, just print them out and fill in the blanks. Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom