SOMEONE PLEASE HELP!!!

chix4chance

In the Brooder
Feb 27, 2016
kentucky
Someone please tell me what is wrong with my baby chick... she wont lay down and seems to walk very slow and seems weak she basically lays her head on the ground and keeps her legs straight in standing position... I noticed her butt whats very red and seemed swollen.. i cleaned with warm water and used a blow dryer to dry her off and placed her back but nothing seems to have changed much.. I am new to chickens and dont know what this is or what to do.. please help.. I really dont wanna lose a chick :'(

I would separate her from the rest of the chicks and give her a warm bath, but skip the blow dryer. I would also administer Corid to her and your other birds and clean their brooder. Also, adding electrolytes and probiotics can help giving her and the other birds energy.

I would separate her from the rest of the chicks and give her a warm bath, but skip the blow dryer. I would also administer Corid to her and your other birds and clean their brooder. Also, adding electrolytes and probiotics can help giving her and the other birds energy.
how many days old is the chick do you think it was born that way

Separate it from the others and give it water with sugar mixed in it. You should put about 3 tablespoons of sugar in it for each quart and more sugar helps if it does not seem to work. I had a similar problem but I used sugar in the water and separated the two and now I can't see a difference between them and my others at 11 weeks old.

She is 5 days old today and no I dont think so this is day 3 we have had them and they were all fine until today she turned up like this ... maybe she ate some pine shavings and got stopped up? Possibility?

If she did eat pine shavings, I would expect a enlarged crop that hangs down. Massaging the crop helps. But I do not think that the problem is that she ate pine shavings. I think it is that she was trampled by the others and was pasted up and you may have hurt it by doing so. I hope this helps.

If she did eat pine shavings, I would expect a enlarged crop that hangs down. Massaging the crop helps. But I do not think that the problem is that she ate pine shavings. I think it is that she was trampled by the others and was pasted up and you may have hurt it by doing so. I hope this helps.

I think you could be right

Pasting up is where the chick's feces stick and dry to their butt. This is a very serious condition and should be cured by carefully wiping it with a warm, wet paper towel and then let it dry on its own or use a dry paper towel.

Ok thank you for the info... I have been wot king really hard to keep giving her fluids with sav a chick probiotics and electrolytes... she has gotten a little stronger so far and today even started eating food again!! Still not giving up on her :fl :yiipchick

Back
Top Bottom