Someone please help!!

you say you're in the south but are you in an area that is going to be warm now or go back and forth? I'm in Georiga near Atlanta and we've got 70° one day and 30° the next. That makes it hard to judge what you should be doing. I
Oh I'm in Southern Alabama if that explains anything. Not really related but if it helps, I have a little heater going beside my between between my and the ducklings. It's keeping the temp in my room pretty average. Maybe they're just genuinely getting tired, but they've be one a tad quieter. Tonight I'll manage! So I should be ok until I can make things better for me and them. Currently they seem fine, just a little noisy every few minutes so yeah. Thank you so much!! 💫💓

If you can, put some mirrors in with them and maybe some kind of soft, fuzzy animal toy. Ducks are flock animals, they'll feel a lot more comfortable if they're able to see "other ducks" around their with them. And being able to snuggle to a toy "mom" will help them as well.

Looks like your heat lamp has white light? To help them rest I’d get a red heat bulb 150 watt is high enough and a thermometer so you can keep the temps in the brooder at 85 at least. It’s important they don’t chill. Such sweet babies love my Runners too. Make sure if you stay with the heat lamp that you support it extra good so it has no chance of falling in the brooder.

Last edited:
So today on Valentine's Day, my mom got me two little white & fawn runner ducklings. I wanted them as pets so I got them. They have their little space, a heating lamp, water, food, and etc. They are constantly chirping and squeaking and I fear they won't stop. What do I do?? We don't have them in a separate room btw. They're in my room. I really want them to quiet down at night so I can sleep but I don't know how to get them to. HELP!!
They could be a bit cold or wanting a mother figure to be with them. The less chicks/ducklings you have the more likely they are to want to be cuddled. You could ethier grab another heat source to help warm them up and help them quite down or grab a small thin blanket and place it over them and they'll probably snuggle in or quite down. Then you could pick them up for a bit but then they would probably start peeping once you put them back in.

Looks like your heat lamp has white light? To help them rest I’d get a red heat bulb 150 watt is high enough and a thermometer so you can keep the temps in the brooder at 85 at least. It’s important they don’t chill. Such sweet babies love my Runners too. Make sure if you stay with the heat lamp that you support it extra good so it has no chance of falling in the brooder.
Ok, I didn't have a red heat lamp so this is what I did. Went to Dollar tree and bought a container with a red lid then wired it to the lamp. Actually duct taped it in the picture but later I drilled hole in the metal and wired it cause the duct tape didn't stick.
fullsizeoutput_33fe.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom