Something is happening to my red’s butt please help URGENT

Give her a good long soak in a tub of warm water or in your sink. This will soften the tissues and make cleaning it up easier. Most chickens love to soak in a warm bath. After she's clean, wrap her in a towel with her head covered to deal with whatever is going on there. It looks like a prolapse, but can't be sure until it's cleaned up to be inspected.

If it IS a prolapsed vent, here are a couple of good articles to get you going:
https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/successful-vent-prolapse-treatment-with-photos.1101406/
https://vetericyn.com/blog/what-is-prolapse-vent-in-chickens/
(with links to several good articles below)
You're right about chooks enjoying a good soak. My Light Sussex, Harriet had a bumble foot that was as hard as a rock so a soak helped a lot. I was amazed at how much she liked it! It also made my heart glad to see how much cleaner she was as she had had some diarrhea and her bottom feathers were dirty.

Is she lethargic?

I'd be more inclined to just spray her off with warm water, get some more photos so we can see the location better in relation to the vent.
As I was soaking her in some warm water to get the poop and debris off it went back in by itself I was very surprised but will be keeping her under close supervision and separated !

As I was soaking her in some warm water to get the poop and debris off it went back in by itself I was very surprised but will be keeping her under close supervision and separated !
Glad it went back in.
With all that blood and scabbing/damage, if she were mine, I'd start her on antibiotics right away to hopefully stave off infection. Amoxicillin is a good choice.
You may find that this happens again, but hopefully the tissue will stay in. Giving extra calcium for a week is always a good idea and can help with retention. Calcium Citrate with D3 can be found at stores like Walmart in the vitamin aisle. Give 1 tablet daily, just pull down on her wattles and pop the tablet into the beak and let her swallow.

So good to hear!

Glad it went back in.
With all that blood and scabbing/damage, if she were mine, I'd start her on antibiotics right away to hopefully stave off infection. Amoxicillin is a good choice.
You may find that this happens again, but hopefully the tissue will stay in. Giving extra calcium for a week is always a good idea and can help with retention. Calcium Citrate with D3 can be found at stores like Walmart in the vitamin aisle. Give 1 tablet daily, just pull down on her wattles and pop the tablet into the beak and let her swallow.
Yes ^^^ this! x 2

Glad it went back in.
Will do thank you 😊

Back
Top Bottom