Something is wrong with my baby chick.

PeckingOddity

In the Brooder
Mar 12, 2023
South Georgia
Me and my mom were cleaning out the brooder today, and put our 8 chicks in a smaller brooder we had before sizing up. We have a crested Polish, Sutton started to crank her neck under her body and backing up until she fell and then not leaving that position. We currently have her under a heat lamp, as we thought she could possibly simply be very cold, but I’m coming here for second opinions. Pictures of her position will be linked below.

Attachments

• 403514D9-39E2-42B3-BA28-C94E7A8202AB.jpeg
    403514D9-39E2-42B3-BA28-C94E7A8202AB.jpeg
    574.7 KB · Views: 14
  • 42CC9FFC-1346-490B-93BB-7902A8F1541A.jpeg
    42CC9FFC-1346-490B-93BB-7902A8F1541A.jpeg
    431.4 KB · Views: 3
Sounds like wry neck. It could be from a vitamin deficiency, genetic, or a head injury (more common with crested birds). She'll probably have a hard time eating and drinking on her own so you'll need to help her regularly. I'd also keep her separate from the others in case she is getting pecked on. Hopefully with some vitamin supplements (mainly E and B1) and some TLC she will recover. I'm not sure of the best supplement/dosage for chicks but if you search on here I'm sure you'll find some good advice.

Sounds like wry neck. It could be from a vitamin deficiency, genetic, or a head injury (more common with crested birds). She'll probably have a hard time eating and drinking on her own so you'll need to help her regularly. I'd also keep her separate from the others in case she is getting pecked on. Hopefully with some vitamin supplements (mainly E and B1) and some TLC she will recover. I'm not sure of the best supplement/dosage for chicks but if you search on here I'm sure you'll find some good advice.
Thank you! We got some vitamin E and Cellophane for her. She’s in her own box with another chick she’s bonded too as it seems the chick tries to help ground her when she’s having shaking attacks. We’re currently waiting it out.

Thank you! We got some vitamin E and Cellophane for her. She’s in her own box with another chick she’s bonded too as it seems the chick tries to help ground her when she’s having shaking attacks. We’re currently waiting it out.
Ty guys for the suggestions, Sutton has fully recovered and is back to her normal self.

Back
Top Bottom