Something seems wrong

DragonClaw01

Chirping
6 Years
Sep 25, 2013
I have 11 chicks. Various types and sizes. One recently died. Not quite sure why.

The chicks are all hyper aggressive, jumpy, flightly and constantly pick at themselves and others. More than usual.

I don't think it's just me though. Something seems off.

I have 11 chicks. Various types and sizes. One recently died. Not quite sure why.

The chicks are all hyper aggressive, jumpy, flightly and constantly pick at themselves and others. More than usual.

I don't think it's just me though. Something seems off.
How old are they? What are their breeds? And how much space to they have?

I got them a week or so ago. Some still had their egg tooth. Then I got more a little after.

About a square foot each. But before, this morning, they were comfy and evenly dispersed. Now, it's all different.

They're mixed, I grabbed chicks from all the buckets. 5 seem to be frizzle polish, maybe one EE, 3 RIR/Sex link , 1 Buff Orpingtonish, 1 random bantam and maybe a Leghorn.

I don't know if this is a breed or sex thing, but some of the wings don't seem to be growng right.

Yeah. But I don't think that's it. I've raised several batches of chicks with improvised brooders and nothing was like this.

Honestly, I'm not sure. There were some mite-like specs, but not many or very big or moving, really.

I thought mites too,but I don't know.

Back
Top Bottom