Something tried to dig up Hazel

Susan Alice

Chirping
Sep 19, 2020
Buried good ol' sweet Hazel the Buff Orpington, our senior citizen, a few weeks back. We have coyotes and mountains lions about, but I've only been seeing a skunk and well fed cats on a trail cam recently, so I figure it's the skunk that tried to get her. Thankfully, I buried Hazel deep. I put the soil back and many more heavy pavers and rocks on top and extending out. I'll put the trail cam out for a few nights in a row to catch something read handed. I'd like that darn skunk to meet its maker.

Attachments

• 20210825_143848.jpg
    20210825_143848.jpg
    1,016 KB · Views: 6
Buried good ol' sweet Hazel the Buff Orpington, our senior citizen, a few weeks back. We have coyotes and mountains lions about, but I've only been seeing a skunk and well fed cats on a trail cam recently, so I figure it's the skunk that tried to get her. Thankfully, I buried Hazel deep. I put the soil back and many more heavy pavers and rocks on top and extending out. I'll put the trail cam out for a few nights in a row to catch something read handed. I'd like that darn skunk to meet its maker.
When I bury a dead bird, which I hope isnt something I do often, I always put pavers over the top for a good month, before removing. A nice big stone slab is great. Never had a bird get dug up if I put a slab.

Now if a bird dies, I bury them in their pen. I used to bury them deep in the field but the coyotes would dig them up.

Back
Top Bottom