Something wrong?

TinkyFeathers

Chirping
8 Years
Nov 13, 2011
My hen Athena has been acting strange lately. I noticed that she has a lot of poop on the feathers by her vent. She's been getting kinda of depressed looking. I thought at first it was the heat so I brought her inside but today it is cooled off and she's acting like that again. She still goes out and runs around but her feathers are kind of fluffed up.

I just had trichmonas in my flock and I treated that about a month ago so I thought my problems would be over but apparently not.

I've checked for bugs and I don't see any. I saw some gray ones by the roost but I was looking up different kinds of mites and those didn't look like any. They were kind of long and tubish and gray.

I'm not sure of Athena's age. Do chickens get like this when they start to become old?

Any help is appreciated.

HAs she been laying? She may be egg broke, try to remember when you bought her, even if it is a rough estimate. She may be too old to lay but she could be sick. keep her seperated from the rest of the flock.

I bought her in the summer of 2009. She hasn't layed for a year at least, I'm guessing. I was guessing she's just old but the stool is green/yellow and runny.

Back
Top Bottom