SOOOO Excited, just had to share!!** WE GOT IT!!!!!!!!!**

baltimoreharps

Songster
10 Years
Mar 27, 2009
Cabarrus Co.
As some of you know, we had a small project hobby "farm" going at our old house when we had a house fire last July and had to rehome the chickens and relocate to the suburbs. We've been here since August and while it's a perfectly fine neighborhood, it's just not the country. We've been living here but not really enjoying it and I've been telling myself and the kids that it's just a year and we can get back to living where we love.
Well a couple of weeks ago I was speaking to our landlord while dropping off the rent and she mentioned that the deal that had been off the table for our subdivision to be sold to developers was back on and had a much stronger chance of passing through. This would mean that the land would be sold and the homes would either be sold and moved (modular home community) or they would be destroyed or scrapped. After the HOA meeting next week, we'll know more about that.
She also mentioned that if we found another place before our lease is up, that she would have no problem letting us out of the lease because of the high rental rates here and the possible sale of the property. I thanked her for that and didn't really think about it much after that.
Until yesterday.
big_smile.png

I had been looking for a rental for our godson's family who is facing eviction and Sunday's classifieds are when most rentals are in the paper here. So I'm looking and see this:
4 bedroom farm for rent, barn and fenced land.
big_smile.png

I couldn't believe it and couldn't stop thinking about it so I called and spoke to the landlord and went to take a look.

We went to look today and I cannot imagine a more perfect fit for our family!! It's 7.68 acres, fully fenced with electric fencing, the farmhouse is a 1924 2 story that has been completley remodeled inside and has a 4 stall barn with outbuildings and it is PERFECT!!
wee.gif
We can have chickens, a couple of cows, a horse, ducks,goats and a huge garden!!
ya.gif

Hopefully we can go take a look inside tomorrow, but from what I saw, there isn't much that we haven't seen from the outside. (It has all hardwood floors, granite countertops and stainless steel appliances
celebrate.gif
)
We're ALL so excited about this possibility I just had to share with people who get why I'm so happy about it!
D.gif
I feel a lot more like the old me than I have ever since the fire happened.
Keep your fingers crossed that we get this and if you are a praying person, we could sure use those too!!
fl.gif
celebrate.gif

Last edited:
Quote:
Absolutley couldn't hurt!!Maybe the bun will bring us a little bit of luck since it's spring.
thumbsup.gif
I don't know if I'm going to sleep tonight, this place feels more like "home" than any other place that we've looked at, our house included in that.
love.gif

Back
Top Bottom