Sort of frustrated with Hoover's Hatchery, but giving them another chance.

Attachments

• 20240208_115549.jpg
    20240208_115549.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 9
Maybe try Ideal Poultry? They carry Partridge Chanteclers
I thought about that! But their example on their page of their birds looked much poorer than the one adult Chantecler I know came from Hoover that I already have. So I ended up going with Hoover. 🙃

I realized that a number of them were not partridge chanteclers. 5 of the remaining 13 birds have single or pea combs, instead of the fusion combs chanteclers have.

If you are just worried about frostbite, the ones with pea combs should be fine.

The ones with pea combs are most likely from Chantecler parents, and the single comb ones might be as well. Due to how the genetics work, it is possible to have a flock of Chanteclers with proper cushion combs that produce some chicks with single combs, pea combs, or rose combs. So the hatchery might have a flock that shows the proper comb types, but carries the recessive genes that would allow other comb types. It is also possible to have a flock of Chanteclers with proper cushion combs that only produce offspring with cushion combs, but the hatchery might not have that (they may have been focusing more on some other traits, instead of comb types.)

Back
Top Bottom