SOUND identification (Coyotes?)

TwistedTayy

Songster
Apr 30, 2021
Douglasville, GA
So I was jarred out of sleep about 30 mins ago (3:50am). Even before my dogs were which is rare (coonhound and German shepherd).

My birds and barn cats are securely locked up and the sound was coming from about 3 houses away, close to the power line. It was loud so I am guessing there was a large number of what I think are coyotes. Which is what I want to confirm. I’ve caught up to three coyotes on my cameras (I have them everywhere, it’s borderline excessive). at one time but they were silent. Never heard a racket like this so I wanted to check.

The coop is on the opposite side of the property where the sound is coming from and it’s still loud in the video. Ignore the cats.

We had someone hit a deer in front of our house on Saturday and animal control (who deals with this) was not open until Tuesday. Overnight Monday, the carcass moved a good 20-30 ft….

Sorry I did not hear anything that sounded like a coyote, all I could hear was a drake duck making noise. Our coyotes make a yipping sound here in Ohio and they are plentiful. Good luck in catching yours.

So I was jarred out of sleep about 30 mins ago (3:50am). Even before my dogs were which is rare (coonhound and German shepherd).

My birds and barn cats are securely locked up and the sound was coming from about 3 houses away, close to the power line. It was loud so I am guessing there was a large number of what I think are coyotes. Which is what I want to confirm. I’ve caught up to three coyotes on my cameras (I have them everywhere, it’s borderline excessive). at one time but they were silent. Never heard a racket like this so I wanted to check.

The coop is on the opposite side of the property where the sound is coming from and it’s still loud in the video. Ignore the cats.

We had someone hit a deer in front of our house on Saturday and animal control (who deals with this) was not open until Tuesday. Overnight Monday, the carcass moved a good 20-30 ft….
I guess they can also make a low pitched huffing sound besides the yip depending on what is going on around them.

Back
Top Bottom