Sour Crop CURED with Monistat

Pics
hit.gif
I thank you for reply i am on my 3rd. day with the Monistat not much change, it hurts me so much i just want to cry,she is the only one out of 27 that got sick. if she do nest get better soon i will put her down it just to hard to see her sick.
Jerrey Mae

How did you get the 1/3 pill down her throat without choking her?

nevermind, I got my answer by reading more.
duc.gif

Last edited:
I also am struggling with Sour/impacted crop. He has been this way alittle over a month. Enough has been getting thru that he has been pooping and still holds his ground. He never got down or sickly I just picked him up one day and realized how large it felt. I have been paitent and have tried many things. It is going down now slowly after I stopped poking and prodding on him all the time. He gets yogurt iin his feed every morning really soupy so it passes easily. Then in the evening I feed him olive oil and gently massage, he falls asleep in my lap lol, and I add probiotics to his water alternatively, especially if he refuses his yogurt that day. I may try the monistat if no more changes are made. I need him to gain alittle more weight before it gets too cold here iin MO. I love this thread. Thank you to everyone posting tips and tricks.
thumbsup.gif

I've treated my girl through the 3-day monistat pack and the sour crop is better but not gone. At first it was the size of a baseball 24/7. Now it is small and harder in the morning, about the size of a golf ball and about triple that in the evening (and more mushy). It seems her crop is now emptying at night and I'm giving her all the food and water she wants. Should I run her through another 3-day pack or just see what happens? How do I know when everything is all better? How big should a normal crop be?

I hope someone sees this asap. My chicken has sour crop and is on Baytril (orally) for a different issue. Is it possible for her to be on the Baytril as well as the monistat treatment?

I have been giving my girl the monistat. She still has a large squishy lump. I started with the 7 day treatment and then bought the 3 day. Today was the first of the 3 day. I have been blending the Monistat but it looks like you just popped it down her throat. Is that how you did it? I am loosing a lot of medicine because I am trying to blend it so it will fit through an eye dropper. I have to force her throat open. Do I just pop it in?

Thanking you in advance,

Jodyb

I have been giving my girl the monistat. She still has a large squishy lump. I started with the 7 day treatment and then bought the 3 day. Today was the first of the 3 day. I have been blending the Monistat but it looks like you just popped it down her throat. Is that how you did it? I am loosing a lot of medicine because I am trying to blend it so it will fit through an eye dropper. I have to force her throat open. Do I just pop it in?

Thanking you in advance,

Jodyb
I wish I could help but I used the stuff in the tube. I wonder if you could crush it up and put it in some eggs or yogurt, or whatever you're feeding her right now. That's what I did with the cream.

Last edited:
Oh... I'm really sorry to hear that. What have you all tried feeding her? Or won't she eat anything? When one of our hens had sour crop really bad we fed her a mixture of yogurt (with live cultures), scrambled eggs and olive oil.

Back
Top Bottom