Sour Crop CURED with Monistat

Pics
I have a chicken (a light Brahma) that is about 2 years old and has chronically sour crop. It seems to go down for a while but never goes away. I've tried giving her probiotics (a powder called ProBios) which I think has saved her life before. I have just started putting the unfiltered ACV in their water and hope that will help. I am planning on trying the Monistat when I go grocery shopping tomorrow. Thanks for the tip. Maybe this will work with her.

So I held my baby chick 1-2weeks old was just massaging her crop. She would tighten her crop marketing it hard. Is this normal with a sour crop or do you think she has blockage?

Goldie has a more impacted crop now, since she has managed to pass most of the water out on the canesten treatment. So I'm trying to treat both - kill the fungus and deal as best possible with the matter in her crop. She's still managing to pass things through so I hope that's good.

I've been giving her olive oil for the impaction.

Goldie is alot more lively today and after giving the Canesten 1/3's 2x daily (7x so far) for 4 days, with at least 2mls olive oil - it felt like her crop went from a tennis ball, to a golf ball last night, to next to nothing in her crop this am. She's been passing droppings normally and regularly now, we had been giving her scrambled eggs for breakfast and dinner while she wasn't looking herself. Last night she was much more herself so we mixed wet pellets with her scrambled eggs for dinner and this am, after she happily jumped out of her bucket, we're giving her wet pellets to see if she manages to pass them normally.

I just have to go back and see how long we keep giving the parts of pills to make sure the yeast infection is dead. so far I would say this treatment has worked.

I would like to add our success story to this thread. Our 8 yr. old RI Red had sour crop & we searched your website for diagnosis/treatment help. Our vet said the Monistat was worth a try & wouldn't hurt. It took the full course of treatment but it worked! We cut the 3 day Monistat into 3rds & gave a piece every 12 hours. We also force fed yogurt. It took a few days to finally get her to eat on her own & her tail started to come up. She ate her regular food yesterday & we returned her to the flock today. The first thing she did was take a dust bath! She gobbled corn chip crumbs with rest of them & was roosting comfortably when we shut them in for the night. Thank you for saving our girl!

yippiechickie.gif
Yay! Glad she is better!!!
I would like to add our success story to this thread. Our 8 yr. old RI Red had sour crop & we searched your website for diagnosis/treatment help. Our vet said the Monistat was worth a try & wouldn't hurt. It took the full course of treatment but it worked! We cut the 3 day Monistat into 3rds & gave a piece every 12 hours. We also force fed yogurt. It took a few days to finally get her to eat on her own & her tail started to come up. She ate her regular food yesterday & we returned her to the flock today. The first thing she did was take a dust bath! She gobbled corn chip crumbs with rest of them & was roosting comfortably when we shut them in for the night. Thank you for saving our girl!

My very sick Brahma just ate half the suppository on her own! She is so sick I am tempted to give her the entire thing. She is not moving at all today. Sleeping on my kitchen floor :( Praying this works!!!

also should add, I cooked an egg with a bunch of olive oil and she is gobbling that up. Poor thing is so hungry :( I hope she keeps it down. Her crop is so huge.

Back
Top Bottom