Sour crop? Impacted crop?

Thank you! Yes the first time I massaged her liquid came up. It looked like a mixture of her feed and water. After that I have only massaged it extremely gently and nothing has been regurgitated. I will definitely look around for a vet!

Thank you! Yes the first time I massaged her liquid came up. It looked like a mixture of her feed and water. After that I have only massaged it extremely gently and nothing has been regurgitated. I will definitely look around for a vet!
your hen seems very strong, and there have been successful stories of sour crop!

That's good to know! I did look at symptoms of pendulous crop and it could also be that. I'm completely stumped! It does look like she's lost weight since her conditions started showing. Her sister that was smaller than her ( same breed) is now the same size or larger. ( Not by to much but could be concerning)

That's good to know! I did look at symptoms of pendulous crop and it could also be that. I'm completely stumped! It does look like she's lost weight since her conditions started showing. Her sister that was smaller than her ( same breed) is now the same size or larger.
When did you start seeing these symptoms?

I originally saw them around 2-3 weeks ago. I originally suspected sour crop and smelled her breath. She was acting completely normal so I dropped my suspicions. A week later a member of my family said her breath smelled sour so I started giving her probiotics. Wich didn't work. Then i resulted to the forum.

Back
Top Bottom