South Carolina Black Snake in Chicken coop!!!

gmendoza

Songster
9 Years
Mar 23, 2010
Rock Hill,SC
Well we HAD a mice problem, now we got about a good 4' black snake shacking up in our big coop. I had him, but it was slimy and got away under the 4x4 boards on the ground.

Ill cetch 'im next time!!

...rascal.
hide.gif

Gabriel! Long time no talk/see! Check your PM! I won't be able to talk much since I am at work.

I am so sorry for falling off the map! So many things have happened to our lives this past year and been through a lot of struggles.

Sometimes blacksnakes are good if they are not eating eggs. If you keep grass and shrubs clipped short, they shouldn't bother the chickens/house too much. We had a black snake in our house last year!

I know I was just reading about them. Seems its eating the mice since they were almost out of control.They have been diminished greatly since Pete ( the snake) has been here.

I'm not going to kill a beneficial critter.I just call it Natures Tax. I'll give it surplus eggs to eat while it stays here and does work. if it goes into the egg bins, then I'll re home it. Its about 4' long, but we have full sized birds in there.

Shouldn't be a problem

Back
Top Bottom