South GA Auctions?

Chix-in-GA

Songster
11 Years
Nov 17, 2008
Nashville, GA
Dont know if this is the right area to post but...

Does anyone know of any good auctions in south GA. I am in Nashville.

I keep hearing about great finds on chicken wire at auctions. Just curious if we had any around here.

Thanks in advance.

Hi if you google Georgia.gov livestock print & save calendar you will get every livestock auction in Georgia when and where they are and what is there. now all I need is one for florida.

Every 2nd & 4th Sat. Livestock auction at Pearson Livestock; sale, 1 pm; goats, sheep, poultry & small animals; 1168 Hwy. 441 N., Pearson, Ga. Info.: 229-798-0271, 912-422-3211.

Ok, here's an update on the Pearson Georgia livestock auction....

DW and I went to the sale and arrived around 12:30, being told the chicken auction started at 1:00pm. Wrong. The GOATS start at 1:00 and the poultry starts whenever the goats are finished. We were told it would be around 3:00 or so.

But what we didn't expect...the parking lot was full of vendors selling everything from funnel cakes to pit bull puppies and lots and lots of chickens!! There was a pretty wide variety just in the parking lot. The vendors said they start setting up at first light and most were packing up when we arrived just after noon.

We previewed the birds that would be auctioned. Chickens, guineas, ducks, geese, and chickens. And bunnies and even a few puppies. And chickens. Probably over 200 lots to be auctioned off. They are all set out in rows so you can walk up and down to see them all. Each cage (and I use the term loosely
hmm.png
) held from one to eleven birds and was assigned it's own lot number so you would know what lots you were interested in bidding on.

I didn't see anything I couldn't live without so we didn't wait around the 2+ hours for the actual auction to start. But I will go back next time.

Oh, and there is a pretty good restaurant two doors down that has a good buffet for $7.50. And yes, they had fried chicken!
smile.png

hi - not quite south GA but there is an auction in Barnesville 1st and 3rd Fridays; I was told there is an auction in Gray 2nd and 4th Fridays but don't know exactly where that one is. We got some araucana eggs and chicks in Barnesville last week.

I am looking for some baby chicks, quail, ducks, geese...... just want a couple of each to photograph. Does anyone know of anyone around here that hatches these>??? Anywhere around Ocilla...

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom