Spam

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ifish

Chirping
Feb 28, 2015
PA
I'm new to the site, but at least once or twice a week there seems to be a large spam attack with lots of new threads. I'm not real familiar with the forum software or how customized it is, but a simple tool to help combat Spam would be a Posting Timer. Can't start a new thread for 2-3 min after starting one.

It would be a slight annoyance for some members, but I don't think the majority are starting multiple threads back to back. That extra 2-3 min can be enough to alert a mod to the problem and they can stop it before having 20-50 threads to remove.

Just a thought this morning after seeing another Spam attack.

Yes I have seen them too over the last few days. I think the moderators have done a great job in deleting them. I've been reporting them and really it has not taken long at all for moderators to get them sorted.
They are a nuisance though I see what your saying, but well done moderators, Thankyou :thumbsup

This is being worked on. We get to them as fast as we see them.
Remember, we are not here 24/7. If you see something you think is spam do the following

• NEVER click on the links they provide
  • NEVER reply to their thread
  • ALWAYS use the report button in ONE of their posts. No need to report EACH post. One per username is enough. We get them all in one fell swoop.

We appreciate your help in finding the spammers. Please don't feed them and don't acknowledge them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom