Spay?

Cbutler

Songster
6 Years
Nov 6, 2017
Has anyone had to spay their ducks? I need an idea of what it will cost and entail while I wait for a quote from a few hospitals.

Has anyone had to spay their ducks? I need an idea of what it will cost and entail while I wait for a quote from a few hospitals.

Just curious; why do you want your duck spayed?

I would fear that it would take major surgery to remove its egg producing organs and it would be very dangerous to do so.

I don’t think it’s as simple as “tying tubes” I would worry an egg would still form and not be able to escape!

She has Salpingitis, or lash egg. There’s no real cure other than removing reproductive organs as it’s inflamation and infection of the uterine system. We are trying an aggressive round of antibiotics and anti inflammatiories to hopefully help but the only true fix is surgery.

She has Salpingitis, or lash egg. There’s no real cure other than removing reproductive organs as it’s inflamation and infection of the uterine system. We are trying an aggressive round of antibiotics and anti inflammatiories to hopefully help but the only true fix is surgery.
Phew at first when I was reading this I thought you were crazy but that sounds really interesting…. good luck to you and your ducky!

Hey did you get any quotes for the cost of spaying? My duck is old and keeps getting egg bound, I think she could really benefit from being spayed.

Hey did you get any quotes for the cost of spaying? My duck is old and keeps getting egg bound, I think she could really benefit from being spayed.
I’m located in Texas so you’d have to check your state. Texas A&M is quoted about $4k. My baby ended up passing so we weren’t able to go through. Hope this helps! Good luck with your baby.

Back
Top Bottom