Special needs laying hens

Dingo

Songster
9 Years
Apr 29, 2010
Somewhere near Springfield, Ma
I posted these girls before but not much interest. Trying again. Freeda is a red sexlink, lays daily, she's mostly blind, but can see a little. She requires a heat source with this cold weather.
Monica is an amberlink, she's a normal chicken, loves people and will follow you anywhere. She's the only chicken I have that fully accepts Freeda and because of that they must go together.
They are both just under a year old, I am getting eggs daily from both.

She looks adorable. I have a special needs chicken too. I have a very friendly flock that loves almost everyone and everything. To bad I live so far away, I would take them in a heart beat! Hope you find someone that would love to have new additions to there flock.

i read your other post they are so cute. I was hoping that someone had given them a good home. I would take them 2 but i also live 2 far away.

I'd love to have them, but how would we get them to SC? Would it traumatize them badly to ship? I fairly new at this so don't know too much how adult chickens would respond to shipping.

I would glady take them. I have a comet that can barely see already and she is a total love bug. We also just got a barn together and I would just give those girls so much attention, but I live in Ohio. I hate to have them shipped due to the stress. :(

Hi there -- I just saw your post and am looking for a couple of hens.
I have a great little chicken setup from the British company "Omlet" -- called an Eglu.
It holds 2 standard hens or 3 bantams.
I live in Putnam County NY and Springfield MA is about 3 hrs. from me.
If your girls are still available, maybe we could meet in the middle somewhere?
Also, I can send you photos of the eglu in my yard.
Looking forward to hearing from you.

Im out pass Albany NY I would like to help you out I have a 4 x 5 fenced space in my coop ( there indoor for the winter) that they could stay safe in in the spring i have a 50 x 70 yard for the 11 hens i have and ther should be ok in there or i could put them in the fenced garden 30x 50 with a small dog house like coop its just an offer but i figured you would want to know what i would provide for her needs ( i do not eat my pets and they get fruit /veg scraps daily)let me know if your intorested

Back
Top Bottom