Speckledhen, Your Stink-Eye is Ready!

LarryPQ

Easter Hatch!!
10 Years
Jul 17, 2009
tongue2.gif

Cyn-

Seriously, I did not need another hobby.
barnie.gif
The blame for this one rests SOLELY on your shoulders. All those beautiful quilts you and the other quilting artistas keep showing off... Now I am knee deep in fabics, thread, ideas, and cutie-patotiee decorative elements. I spent every lunch hour this week bloodying my poor little fingers, finishing up this travesty. I haven't sewn since I was a brownie!

Now I know why they call them seamSTRESSes.

Stink-eye, coming your way.

But, since we have gathered for my little rant, here is my second quilt. Simple, but it is for a 4-week-old. I suppose he wont care during tummy-time
smile.png

36979_07-30-10_008.jpg

36979_07-30-10_006.jpg

Last edited:
Quote:
tongue.png
The back of the baby quilt (the rainbow part) was fun to make, allthough my 4-year-old scolded me for forgetting the "biolet" and "porple" colors, "like real rainbows, up in the sky?".

I just saw you posted an auction for that LOVELY table runner you had been working on.

WHY, WHY Do I let myself start new hobbies? WHHHHYY?!

Let me first say I am not a quilter.

WOW, I think it is lovely! I could never make something like that and have it look so good on my second or even twenty-second try.
clap.gif
I love the back (that is the back right??).

Your bloody fingers should be proud!
thumbsup.gif

Oops I see it is the back - I am a slow typer.
roll.png

Last edited:
could never make something like that and have it look so good

Sure you could...and there is a good reason those pics are not high-res or close-up. Good thing babies mostly see contrast
big_smile.png

I think that folks would be very surprised at what they could do. As with every new skill, it takes some practice, especially if you have never been a seamstress (I never did before I began quilting--couldn't sew anything), but you can do it! Start very simple, learn the basic rules like the 1/4" seam allowances, and get started. And I did everything by hand until a year ago when I gave up my hobby due to pain and tingling in my hands, then my fabulous friends surprised me with an easy-to-use computerized Brother machine. Now, I crank out a good bit, even with my carpal tunnel.

oh great. Now I want to learn how to quilt. 'Cuz I needed another hobby. Not.

Anybody into genealogy? Now there's a time eater for ya.

Back
Top Bottom