spill proof feeder

seminolewind

Flock Mistress
Premium Feather Member
15 Years
Sep 6, 2007
Corydon, Indiana
I have used these things for 2 years, and have not lost one speck of grain. It's hard to believe but true. I had one, and after using it, I bought 2 more off Ebay, cheap and cracked or chipped. They are old fashioned commodes. I have 16 chickens using one, and not a crumb lost . No joke. I fill it about half way. So simple

3891_pots.jpg

3891_pot.jpg

That is what my grandmother used to call a chamberpot. Great idea! By the way, when my dad was growing up, he said it was not a good idea to be standing near an open bedroom window in the morning.
tongue.png
I can still remember seeing one of those under grannys bed when I was a child. Tellin my age I guess.
wink.png

LOL, chamberpot, yes, that's the name. Odd as it seems, it works better than any feeder I've tried. You remember them? LOL.

My very best spill proof feeder for my turkeys is a plastic five quart ice cream bucket with the lid still on it and a large hole cut in the lid so they can eat out of it. I kept about an inch of rim to keep them from beaking out the food. Then I set that inside a larger plastic bucket, like about a three gallon or so bucket and anything they still manage to beak out gets caught in the bigger bucket. I hang it from the fence with a two ended snap. When they eat down the little bucket, I just pour the feed that the larger bucket caught back into the smaller bucket and set it back into the larger bucket. Talk about Z-E-R-O waste! Since it sets down in a hole so to speak, it is less appealing to sparrows and such because they feel vulnerable and claustrophobic in there too.

Hello, the image is no longer available. Can you tell me what kind of feeder it is as we are looking for a spill proof feeder for our hens. thank you so much in advance!

Back
Top Bottom