Spinosad

but it has other ingredients - i remember a thread about this last year - figured out it was no good - Ill look for that thread

Can I use this product on my chickens?
Natural Guard by ferti.lome

Contains Spinosad .5% (dilute 4TBS per gallon for spray)

Intended for plant spray, but i know that ingredient is the same as in Elector PSP.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0BLRJW9M3?starsLeft=1&ref_=cm_sw_r_cso_em_apan_dp_5ZZFJRRQWFY2971EBYDR
I would not use that.

If you are wanting to get Spinosad/Elector PSP which can be pricey. Try buying a smaller portion from someone reputable like The Chicken Chick (link below) or check Ebay for smaller portions. I've never used Ebay but some have and seemed to be happy with the product.
https://shopthechickenchick.com/products/elector-psp

Do you have a problem with lice or mites on your chickens? If you do, then have you tried using a Permethrin based poultry dust or spray? I dust my birds and use spray for their housing.

1. Mites or lice are not overly obvious.. but they are doing alot of preening lately (I only have 5 girls).
2. I used the dust (sprinkled in their bathing spots) a few wks ago; seemed to do fine.
3. You said you wouldn't use the stuff I bought... but didn't say why not.

Look up the product you bought and compare it to Elector PSP. Compare "uses" and look at the SDS data sheets.
Elector PSP is formulated to use around poultry and housing. The other one, I didn't dig too deep, but the concentration of Spinosad is much lower than Elector PSP.

Putting Permethrin based poultry dust in dust bathing spots may be helpful, but if your girls have lice or mites on them, then you need to dust the girls with the Permethrin directly per the directions on the packaging. I place the dust in a sock and use it like a powder puff, dusting the girls and working it through their feathers to the skin.

For housing, I use Permethrin spray making sure to treat nesting boxes, roosting bars and nooks/crannies. If you have an infestation, then cleaning out the coop is a good idea before you treat all surfaces.

Repeat dusting of the birds and treating the housing in 5-7 day intervals.

Back
Top Bottom