Spitzhaubens

Pics
These are two of my 5 week old babies. Any ideas on gender?
Baby # 1

Baby #2

Here's a pic of 2 silver spitz chicks. The one on right looks like all the others, but the one on the left has completely white wings. Has anyone ever seen that before? They all looked the same at hatch & came from the same flock. Does their coloration change often before they lay?
I am new to hatching these guys but I have some that look more white and others that have more sliver. The 3 from my original hatch had 2 silver and one white but they are all looking just about the same at 5 weeks.

Here's a pic of 2 silver spitz chicks. The one on right looks like all the others, but the one on the left has completely white wings. Has anyone ever seen that before? They all looked the same at hatch & came from the same flock. Does their coloration change often before they lay?
Their coloration and crests change quite a bit in their first few months. I had to look back thru my chick pics to remind myself, but they do indeed go through some major changes. Ur chick with the white wings will probably end up fairly light, but I'd still expect a spangled belly and some spangling in the wings. A real light bird can help with birds that are too dark & have spangles that run together. Correct spangle balance is just that: a balance. Please keep us posted as ur birds feather out. :)

Knock me over with a feather.... Antique shipped eggs... And look what I have!!!

That is 4 chamois chicks, and one that I think was supposed to be a silver crossed to chamois? But its color is wild! Coolest thing ever!

I might even end up with a couple more chicks... Give me two days and I will tell ya.

Can't tell ya how happy I am, I have been so very wanting this color, I think it is the prettiest color to ever sit on a chicken. :love

Last edited:
Knock me over with a feather.... Antique shipped eggs... And look what I have!!!

That is 4 chamois chicks, and one that I think was supposed to be a silver crossed to chamois? But its color is wild! Coolest thing ever!

I might even end up with a couple more chicks... Give me two days and I will tell ya.

Can't tell ya how happy I am, I have been so very wanting this color, I think it is the prettiest color to ever sit on a chicken. :love

Wow, congrats!

Back
Top Bottom