Spitzhaubens

My PoofPoof won't be laying eggs anytime soon!
IMG_0357 (2).JPG
IMG_0358 (2).JPG

Hi everyone! Well my youngsters are just barely 20 weeks old. But Beldar seems to have risen to prominence in the flock, he now roosts in the middle of the favorite roost with hens on either side, and the Spitz pullets still roost on the junior roost. These leghorns, as well as mama Moonshine, did not like Flugel, his father, even when he was 1 yr old. But here's this young cockerel, winning their affection. I have not seen fertile eggs, these 2 are still laying. Look how much bigger the Spitzes are than Moonshine, who is molting and is just regrowing her tail. Beldar lost a lot of feathers too, but they are regrowing as well.
10 21 Beldar + Leghorns.jpg

10 21 3.jpg

10 21 Beldar + Moonshine + 1A.jpg

Trixie has a lot of 'facial' feathers.....
10 21 Trixie.jpg

@Rockporters how do they look now? Have any news and/or photos for us?

Well, at 14 weeks the gold are still a mystery. I’m sure one is a cockerel, but the other 2 :confused:. They all have wattles, but only the one has horns/red comb. One of the questionable two didn’t try to escape when I walked by the other day. I grabbed it, and it didn’t really spaz... Which leads me to believe it is a cockerel lol. The silver is definitely a pullet.

I’ll see if I have any new photos of them. They are in the coop/run now and can be elusive.

Back
Top Bottom