Splash/ Blue Silkie Thread

Pics
i well have silkies and showgirl hatching eggs for sale if any one is enterested got figure our shipping but other then that i well sell the eggs for $20 a dozen + shipping
splash silkes
bbs showgirls
white show girls
buff showgirls
partrdge showgirls
show girls eggs might be from silkies parents

i had some questions about silkies because i was considering getting some myself
here is why i may not as this is my understanding
their feathers are not waterproof and may have problems with snow, even if they are good with cold
they do not lay as often and for somone who would only have six chickens it would be nice to have a fairly productive bunch
when they do lay they are small eggs and it takes more to make a meal
why i will consider at least one or two
well they're freaking sweet looking!
very docile and since we occassionaly get some REALLY wild children running around here(my grandmas house and everyone wants to go to grandma's) they would be very likely to tolerate it
the "fluffy" factor
adn thats about it
so if anyone can correct me if i'm wrong or tell me a bit more about silkies, that'd be awesome!

Here are my silkies from Three Cedar Silkies. 6 weeks today.
53011018.jpg
53011017.jpg
53011016.jpg

Looks like 3 boys 2 girls.

These 2 came from Shagbark Silkie eggs. A little bit over 5 weeks old. Looks like a pair. The "male" is very light splash.
53011027.jpg
53011026.jpg
53011025.jpg

Hatched this out saturday night from a splash X blue pair.
53011012.jpg

Last edited:
I took this pic with my iPhone yesterday as I was sitting in the grow-out pen. I've been excited about this splash pullet since she was 3 weeks old. I knew then it was a pullet. She is just over 2 months old. I'm hoping she will be competitive in our shows this fall.

9079_img_3010.jpg

9079_img_3016.jpg

Back
Top Bottom