Splash Easter Egger 5 weeks old - cockerel?

SRChicks

Hatching
Apr 11, 2024
Hi! I'm a new chick parent this year and would like confirmation from the experts on here that this EE chick is indeed a cockerel. I'm 95% sure, but I know EE's can be tricky, and our family is in love with this chick....basically I need someone else to confirm what I already strongly suspect in order to feel good about my next steps (roos not allowed in our city). Pics below are at 5 weeks (I know this is a bit early). This chick is definitely my most dominating chick and has always been much bigger than all the others and does its best to not get caught. Its comb turned this color about a week ago. Thanks!!
IMG_0450.jpg
IMG_0467.jpg
IMG_0492.jpg

Hi! I'm a new chick parent this year and would like confirmation from the experts on here that this EE chick is indeed a cockerel. I'm 95% sure, but I know EE's can be tricky, and our family is in love with this chick....basically I need someone else to confirm what I already strongly suspect in order to feel good about my next steps (roos not allowed in our city). Pics below are at 5 weeks (I know this is a bit early). This chick is definitely my most dominating chick and has always been much bigger than all the others and does its best to not get caught. Its comb turned this color about a week ago. Thanks!!View attachment 3798648View attachment 3798649View attachment 3798652
Cockerel. Alot of comb for that age.

Back
Top Bottom